Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wednesday Weaving

I forgot to post the picture I took of our weaving classroom. Someone from a newsletter or paper came by to take pictures, so we uncovered every loom. I siezed the opportunity to get a shot for the blog! This is not even all of them. It was also a lovely opportunity to see more of the projects that students are working on... every one of those floor looms (and there are several out of shot) is assigned to someone.

We had our 3rd session this evening and I am still working on getting my dummy warp set up. The bad news is that my intended project is just not going to fit on the loom I was assigned, but the good news is that I can use the same tie-up for another project and use the loom at home for the original one. Now that the front room is much tidier I want to make a bunch of rugs and runners to brighten it.

2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! How awesome!!! I wish that wasn't so far away and on a weeknight. I'd love to take some classes. Do they offer any on weekends or weekdays? Do they have a website?

Pickyknitter said...

It is an hour's drive each way even from my house, so it is nice that there are two of us for moral support. You can try online at TriCommunity Adult School in Covina. They might have rolling enrollment. There is a day class (3 and/or 6 hours) on Monday and a 3 hour day class on Tuesday, if I remember correctly. The Wednesday class runs from 7 to 10, although one could always leave early.