New laptop - check. WOW installed - check. Raspberry Peach iced tea - check. Other fab things: the first tomato turned red yesterday and I received my fancy pants new phone. It even takes pictures. And they paid me to buy it after I added up all the discounts and rebates.
I have a bunch of pictures stored on the camera for your blogging pleasure. The down side is that the uploading / downloading program is on the dead computer. I will get them posted as soon as I can. It stinks finally having pictures and no way to post them.
Off to see the shrink this morning - they filled my regular appointment time on Fridays and I have been moved to Wednesdays. Blah. I hope the puppy is there to make up for it :) At least the chocolate bin is always full.
I have been a good girl this week and went to yoga twice on Sunday, to bellydancing on Monday, and bellydancing AND yoga yesterday. Whew. I feel good, though. Mostly I no longer feel like a complete moron in bellydancing class. There is still a looooong way to go.
On the needles... I have been chipping away at the swamp socks. It just has not been knitting weather recently (and I never thought I would say that!). I am still working on the new sample of the Mermaid scarf for my knitting class at Knit N Stitch, and for pictures and publication someday soon. I have started doodling for the new project, something with leaves and flowers is my plan.
I'm it, thanks to Rose. I suspect she is more interesting than I am, but I will do my best. The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
1) What was I doing ten years ago? I was working at Sav-On drugs and Newark Paperboard. I also moved from San Bernardino into my current house. I still did cross stitch as my primary recreation as this was the pre-spinning, pre-knitting and pre-weaving era.
2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today? Check with the computer folks to see how bad the news is about the laptop. Teach knitting class at 2. Go to bellydancing tonight at 6. Mail my unemployment form. Put gas in the car (done).
3) Snacks I enjoy. Those pink and white circus animal cookies. Has anyone ever identified which animals they are supposed to be? Stouffer's french bread pizza. Apricots (fresh or dried). Trader Joe's peanut butter filled pretzel puffs. Toast.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire. Buy a house, get some sheep. And chickens. I love chickens. Spiff up the Altima - maybe a racing stripe. Fund season 2-27 of "Firefly". Travel. Get a restored Sunbeam Tiger. Keep $2 M of the leftovers and live off the interest. The rest is up for grabs.
5) Places I have lived: (in order) Victorville CA, Las Vegas NV, Spanaway WA, Spakenberg NL, Moreno Valley CA, Northampton MA, San Bernardino CA, Riverside CA. Does the summer in Tustin with Mr. Fixit count?
6) Jobs I have had: Air Force dental office assistant, bookstore, pet shop, other pet shop, several manufacturing and assembly gigs, several HR and office assistant gigs, Permit Agent for Extra-Legal loads, and then the last 4 years at the Bad Place.