Friday, October 19, 2007

Recharged

I went out to dinner with Mr. Fixit last night. He is just as cute as I remember. We had yummy health food and a cranberry-apple cobbler (a la mode) for dessert. We had a review of my therapy session and I think I can get used to this honesty and sharing business.

There was some netflix watching in my week - I got disc one of "A Fine Romance" with Judi Dench, and it is OK but did not grab me right off. 4 episodes later I was still not grabbed. I like "As Time Goes By" far more. I also managed to watch "Vanity Fair" with Reese Witherspoon and *yay* Johnathyn Rhys-Meyers. I had forgotten he was in it. He plays a bad man. He is really good at that. I liked it quite a bit, especially the costuming. It was spectacular. There was a little incongruity when she was gifted with a parrot "from India" that was actually a blue and gold macaw (from the Amazon). Considering the extravagance of the settings and costuming AND the fact that the director is a native of India, I could hardly believe the props people couldn't scare up an Alexandrine Parrot or an Indian Ringneck (like my own Kiwi-bird). Perhaps they were not as big and splashy as the blue and gold. At home I have "The Claim", and two more things arriving Saturday, but I suspect they will have to wait until I get back from vacation, unless I want to watch them on the laptop.

Open spinning is tonight. I don't know that I will bring spinning to work on, but it will be a good time anyway. Progress can always be made on Mandy's sweater. I have spinning to do, but my empty bobbin for my Majacraft Millie is AWOL, and it is technically plying that needs to be done.

I get on the plane Sunday afternoon. If you break into the house, you have to sweep up under anything you steal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'VE BEEN READING YOUR BLOG AND FEEL COMPELLED TO COMMENT. I DON'T BELIEVE IT IS PRODUCTIVE TO SHARE ANY OF YOUR THERAPY SESSION WITH MR. FIXIT, AS IT TRIANGULATES HIM INTO WHAT SHOULD BE BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR THERAPIST ONLY. IT WILL VERY LIKELY COMPLICATE THINGS IN THE FUTURE, SHOULD YOU CONTINUE WITH YOUR SESSIONS. YOU STRIKE ME AS THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO GETS TOO ENMESHED IN OTHER PEOPLE, AND LOSE A LOT OF YOURSELF. WHY AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL THIS SEMESTER??? I CAN TELL BY YOUR WRITING THAT YOU ARE QUITE INTELLIGENT, AND I CAN TELL BY YOUR COMPLAINING THAT YOU HAVE A LOW LEVEL JOB. I KNOW YOU ARE BUSY, BUT PERHAPS YOU CUT BACK ON THE WRONG THING.