Monday, November 01, 2010

Autumnal Urges

I put some more plants into the garden this weekend - it is odd to prune some things for fall and plant other things as seedlings! The beets are sprouting, the lettuces & spinach are doing well, and I will put the larkspur in the ground in the morning. I cut back the roses, weeded around the herb bed and cut back the hyssop and marjoram plants.

This time of year makes me want to hibernate; to cuddle up with my latptop, or knitting, and cocoa and a cat and watch the world go by. But, contrariwise, I have also been longing to get out and meet up with other knitters, with my lace friends - to get back into the fiber scene. I took a year off from fiber exploits and really miss it. On a related note, I should really start a batch of soap, put in some laundry and fire up the breadmaker this evening!

For now, I will walk mindfully, breathe deeply, turn my face to the sun and enjoy the turning of the wheel of the year.

No comments: