Sunday, October 04, 2015

Oh, Baby

Presented for your review: the first baby thing I have ever made & given to the happy parent.  A quick project and fluffy (if small) lap blanket.  The pattern is the "corner start" blanket and after a few moments of skepticism it was surprisingly simple to work.


The yarn was free and when I was done with the border I had maybe 3" left.  A crafting success if ever I had one.

In other news, today was the second day of the Vista Fiber Fair (held at the Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum). Some of the vendors bailed out because of the rain but the hardy souls who remained were much appreciated.  I brought home only one skein (on clearance!) and one pattern so I call that a win.  Even better was seeing old friends and sharing the event with a new friend.  Everyone should experience the joy of the AGSEM.

After we were done there it was time for a taco lunch in Oceanside & visit to my friend's rental place.  I got in a respectable amount of work on my Bosc Pear shawl.  I may need to take a break tomorrow to rest my fingers.

No comments: