Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Holidays! Here is a holiday poem to cheer you:

"The shopping is done,
the wrapping has begun,
the mailing will be late,
the knitting is quite effeminate."

Now you know why I don't quit my day job and become a poet. Out of 7 pairs of socks and one pair of mittens that were on the list, I have 3 pairs and 2/3 of a sock done. I have revised my expectations of finishing downward and bought backup gifts as appropriate. Everybody stay alive long enough to have a birthday next year. I still don't think that is bad knitting progress considering I began Thanksgiving weekend and am still doing all my normal activities (work, yoga, RCC, soap) plus doing my holiday shopping.

I was not planning on making any New Year's resolutions in January, but then Wendy (http://wendyknits.net) announced her "knit from your stash" plan. A goodly plan, methinks, and worth pursuing. So I am vowing to add nothing to the stash (fleece, roving or yarn) (sock yarn excepted) until Lambtown in July. Of course, I will still be dyeing and selling roving to non-knit from your stashers. We can't all do it at once or the world economy will collapse. Or something.

Today's vacation picture of the day:


Vacation may get pushed back one day - me leaving on Friday instead of Thursday. I will ask the checkbook fairy. I may need to spend Thursday knitting a hat to wear on vacation.


No comments: