Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Ahhhh, Wednesday. A new Megatokyo comic (things are heating up for our heroes), an actual lunch HOUR, during which I accomplished some knitting, some good news about staffing here at work (it's a secret), and the undying love of Fishy IV.

I am hopelessly behind in my cleaning schedule before I leave for AZ. I hope the petsitter will still be friends with me. I am committing to cleaning pet cages, sweeping everywhere, and taking out the trash.

Math is nearly done. We had an exam last night (I think I did well), then review tonight, then our Final tomorrow, then a whole weekend off before the Spring term begins again on Tuesday. Whew. I am still unreasonably annoyed by people who did not take any of the prerequisites, who flat out refuse to read the book, who don't ask the teacher questions, and who talk during lecture asking me for help / answers. The meek may inherit the earth, but I will be the one who passes math.

The plying for grandma's mittens is nearly complete. I will finish that tonight as I survey my freshly swept kingdom. It looks like I will be knitting them there, which has the upshot of having grandma right there for a fitting.

Knitting has been slow. I am at the ending point of a bunch of things.
  • Adamas Shawl: I have decided NOT to play russian roulette with my yarn, and will go directly to the edging after this last row. I have a half row of purling to go and then I need to find my edging chart.
  • Purple Earth Socks: At the ribbing and nearly done. They have been languishing for a week now. I need to find my notes so I can figure out where I am. Time to finishing - maybe 6 hours knitting. Probably less.
  • Peppermint Socks: 2 feet and heels are finished and languishing. I keep forgetting to look up a pattern for knitting entrelac in the round. At this rate, it will be next Yule before they are done.
  • Aud: This is the grey sweater. It is on my next-to-the-bed bookcase. Guess what? It's languishing. I need to spindle some more yarn. I have front back and 2/3 of both sleeves done. A week's hard knitting, maybe. I am in dread of the sewing up, which is probably why I have not been working on it.
  • Sock yarn: this has been sold, sight unseen, and unspun too. I love spinning it, but have been sick and tired this last 2 weeks. It is first on the list of spinning projects when I get back from AZ. It makes good movie spinning.
  • Lemonfrost Ingeo: One skein (4oz) done. Need to spin the other 4 oz.

Well, that's enough of UFO identification for now. There are a couple other projects half finished which may get frogged, a couple which might get abandoned, a couple which are plain lost, and who knows what else lies in the bottom of the closet...

I just remembered I was supposed to go buy my textbook at lunch today. Dang me. Tomorrow for sure!

No comments: