Monday, May 05, 2008

Lisa, ver. 29.4

My very, very favorite episode of "The Simpsons" is the one where Homer goes into a mental institution, meets Michael Jackson and brings him home. He and Bart write Lisa a birthday song ("Lisa, it's your birthday, happy birthday Lisa"). My second favorite episode is the one where Lisa is training for the spelling bee. Nationals, I believe.

I only follow one horse race a year (big guess which one) and was totally bummed to miss it this weekend due to sheer forgetfulness. Linda at KNS and I realized it at the same time, tuned in to hear "Big Brown won" and switched it off. This means we missed the announcement of the tragic end of 8 Bells, the only filly in the field. She broke both front legs and was euthanized on the track after finishing 2nd place. It reminds me of the story of Ruffian, another filly who broke both legs during a match race and was put down (in the mid-70s). So sad.

But I had a great time at the knit night / birthday party on Friday, a great time at the veggie potluck on Saturday, and spent Sunday playing WOW. Yes, I mean all of Sunday. It was great. Today (the actual Special Day) I have no plans except to go to bellydancing tonight.

I received yarn for my birthday and promptly cast on for the Mirepoix Bodice from Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. Then I set it aside out of guilt and worked on Mandy's purple sweater. The end is within sight. With a telescope.

It is good to be Lisa, version 29.4

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

Happy Birthday! :-)