Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The Halfway Point

I forgot to dig out my copy of 'Inferno' to quote Dante for my post today. I am sure it is around here somewhere. Today I am 35 and part of me is pretty happy and part of me is amazed I made it this far. There is a tiny part of me that is ticking down the days that are left to me - fewer left to suffer through than ever before - but I am trying to squash that one down.

The baby bird (still nameless) had a milestone today - she can fly! She can't really stop flying except by crashing into walls, but finesse will come later. Her parents don't fly, but I am hoping Pretty Bird or Kiwi can give her some pointers. She will be 5 weeks old tomorrow.

Knit on CeCe for a bit last night and then again today at lunch (and then did some un-knitting), and am well into the first lace motif. There is a lot going on at once in this sweater: lace pattern, ribbed edging, increasing on every 10th row for a while and then decreases after a few inches... not really suitable for knitting in traffic.

I didn't get out of work until late (although I wanted to leave early) and didn't make it to Knit N Stitch for my birthday, but Movie Night is Friday so we will have to party then. When driving to my petsitting gig tonight I found the knit shop in Corona - I will have to check it out someday soon.

Off to celebrate my b-day with my WoW friends, if my head doesn't hit the keyboard first. I was up a little too late last night.

No comments: