Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Progress on the Pumpkin socks is slow. I knit a little every day, but the ribbing just goes on and on. I like the way they are turning out, though. And when I say they, I mean sock #1. Sock #2 is a distant dream, although I suppose it would be a good idea to put the ribbing on waste yarn, knit sock #2 up to the ribbing, and then switch back. Then my life will be all ribbing, all the time, instead of stressing about remembering the changes I make to the sock body when I get to #2.

I tried it on this morning and learned that I should have knit about 1" of plain stockinette before beginning the ribbing to make them really comfy.

I am also working on the Adamas shawl at home. One row takes 20 - 30 minutes so it is not a good "knit a couple stitches and then set it down" project anymore. I have 14 1/2 sets of diamonds done now. The picture shows 16 sets of diamonds before starting the edging - we will see how much yarn I have left. Maybe I should add a lifeline at the 16th repeat. All in all, I am completely in love with it, and completely in denial about the 2 mistakes I know are in it (so far).

There will be a big announcement in tomorrow's post - stay tuned!

No comments: