Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Long Awaited Pictures:

These are the Trekking ProNatura socks (wool and bamboo) in the "Browns" colorway. I am particularly pleased with the modified basketweave pattern and gave out the instructions to 5 or 6 people up in Visalia. I wish I could take credit for the design, but I got it from Linda at Knit N Stitch. They are nearly done and I am eager to wear them.


This is 2 skeins of Ingeo fiber in the "Sea Oyster" colorway from Barbara Greenstein at Furryarns. I bought it about 4 years ago. The two skeins (spun from 4 batches of top) came out very different shades, so I think I will have to knit alternately from 2 balls of yarn when the time comes.

This is one of four skeins of sock yarn I dyed, spun, and plied from center pull balls (I have a few new gray hairs in honor of that little exercise). I l-o-v-e the way it came out. I could never have planned it, and am surprised I like it so much. I remember what I did to get it, so I hope to have more in my future. Ruthie Pie said I should name it "Tidepool". I don't know a tidepool from a hole in the ground (ha ha), so it sounds good to me.

This weekend my planned spinning is to finish the McKenzie roving (spin and ply) and set it aside until good hat patterns come along, and to spin a truckload of white roving into white yarn so I will have something for the next dyeing session. The next "personal project" spinning after that will be some chocolate baby alpaca for a lace shawl (which pattern, I have not decided). I may ply it up with some Nancy Finn silk dyed in the Moonstone colorway. I am completely in love with spinning this week - and wish my wheel could come with me to math class. That might be pushing my luck, though :)

No comments: