Monday, April 16, 2007

The best laid plans... I have recovered from the weekend and have some "Did"s and some "Did Not"s to share. I DID get some fiber dyed in some new colorways and in some replacement colorways. It will be ready in time for the show at the Citrus Station. Anything that is left will go on the ebay store - I'll post a link.

I did NOT watch either of my Clive Owen movies (although I had a dream about Johnathan Rhys-Meyers) as I was busy busy busy this weekend. Last night I did find time for 2 episodes of Nature, however. I learned all about African Black Eagles and Rhinos. Quiz me, I dare ya.

I DID go to the Huntington with another RiverSpinner and we had a nice time. We saw about a half a zillion lizards, the roses were blooming, we got sucked in by plant sale ("The Gauntlet"), and even got some spinning and knitting done. Imagine that! I came home with a sunburned nose, an alpine strawberry plant and a variegated lemon thyme plant. I would call the day a success. We even saw sheep! We were lost at the time, but they were certainly sheep. I melted into a bubble bath when I got home and called the rest of the day "Naptime". I did NOT make it to the Kirtan at Inland yoga, but I was really done for the day.

I had a lovely time at yoga on Sunday - even managed to zing Scott (in a kind, friendly way, of course), but of course I can't remember it now. I also managed to wrap in a pose I never wrapped in before (one of the forward bends in half lotus - with a very long name) which made me happy. Then it was off to Fran's house for a bobbin lace afternoon. I made good progress on my moon -- 4 entire arches. That doubles the number of arches I had finished and brings me to 1/3 done with that section. I am very pleased. I would like to provide a picture, but you would not believe how hard it is to flip one's bobbin lace pillow upside down and slap it on the scanner :)

I did NOT get any knitting done. Not one stitch. I did a little bit of planning more projects and I think one of them will be Miriam Felton (MimKnits)'s Icarus shawl. I just need to find some yarn for it now. I spindled a little bit of baby camel down, but there is only 1/2 oz of that, not nearly enough (for me) to make the 900 yards I will need.

The peppermint socks did not see the light of day this weekend. They will however see the flickering lights of my math classroom tomorrow when school is back in session (wah). I am knitting the leg using the Entrelac technique, which is made up of interlocking boxes of knit stitches. One can find basic flat entrelac patterns all over the world (I like "How to Knit" by Debbie Bliss), but I found guidance for in-the-round entrelac knitting in the newest Interweave Knits, where Eunny Jang's entrelac socks are featured. I am using a relatively fine yarn on size 0 needles, which makes for a lot of squinting. Pictures when I have some progress.

No comments: