Monday, April 23, 2007

Knitting Mojo, and a New Addition.

My friend Rose has been knitting and knitting and knitting, and now Thermal is done. Check it out! I love it so much that now I want one. I will have to get spinning. Why do I yearn for sweaters in the spring and summer?

We (The Soap Plantation) had a great time at the Citrus Station show last weekend. The weather was nice, the people were nice, the food was nice, and I spun and spun and spun until my butt said "Stop!". I started the plying at home that night and hope to have dyed sockweight yarn for display next week.

So many folks tried to buy my personal pair of fingerless mitts, that I am going to start making them all the time. These, however, are the sister pair to the ones I made for my grandma and have great sentimental value!

Speaking of sentimental value, I am sad to report that a family friend passed away last week. He was really hurting and wanted to go, but that doesn't mean we don't miss him. He was kind enough to leave me his mother's spinning wheel, and I picked it up last week. It is really gorgeous, all there, with distaff and everything. Pictures soon, I hope. The flyer will have to go off to the repairman, but otherwise it works fine. Every time I look at it and use it, I will be reminded of Jim's gentleness, humor, and sweet spirit. Thanks, Jim.

Not much in other (publishable) news... we have been making soap like madwomen and updating the soap blog and the website as fast as our little fingers will go. I will fiddle later and see if I can post our show schedule on my sidebar.

On the movie front, I was sorely disappointed in Alexander. I rented it for Johnathan Rhys-Meyers, and while he was fine, he did not have nearly enough screen time. Wah. At home now is Nausicaa ofthe Valley of the Winds.

That is all for today, friends. Happy knitting!

No comments: