I spent a hot, restless, dehydrated night in bed yesterday, and woke up to this! It finally rained in my town. I a very strong urge to run out and roll on the cool wet concrete, but somehow managed to resist. It was a gray, drizzly day until the late afternoon and I took full advantage. I didn't get much gardening done, but it was fun to spash in the raindrops, deadheading the roses and poking at the grass shoots.
After gardening I spent some quality time with Martha's sweater (Cece), knitting on the porch and reading on my eReader. I started the decreases for the fronts and bound off for the sleeves.
Dozer and I took a walk in the early afternoon; unfortunately by then the rain had lessened but the heat turned up, so it felt like I imagine Panama does in the summer. Hot. Hot and damp. My frustration was increased when, after the muggy walk, the knitting shop was out of the size needles I needed to purchase. How I managed to have every size save the one I need is a mystery.
In the late afternoon, it was movie watching and sleeve knitting time. Unfortunately, sleeve knitting time lasted about 3 hours longer than it should have: I cast on the wrong number of stitches not once, but twice. The third time I got it right and the first sleeve is about half complete. Without the restarts, I think I could have finished both sleeves and been ready to attach them to the body today. Bummer.
Qing Fibre and Malabrigo
10 hours ago