Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Compacting is going well so far. I am cooking food again (instead of going thru the drive-thru three times a day), I am not wandering around in Borders until something calls to me, and I am avoiding the yarn store like the plague. That will last until the party on Saturday - but I will bring a work-in-progress to keep myself occupied. I bought my math text online, used.

I finished the Sadie socks on Monday while watching the Rose Parade at home. I can wholeheartedly recommend The Yarn Pirate merino / tencel sock yarn from The Loopy Ewe. It was a joy to work with. I will try to get some pictures up soon.

Saturday was open spinning at the studio, Peggy and Fran came and we had a lovely time. I worked on the Adamas shawl, Peggy worked on a prayer shawl, and Fran held me hostage until I showed her how to make toe-up socks. She made me the most gorgeous knitting bag though, so I caved. I am looking forward to open spinning this Friday night.

Winter session at RCC started yesterday - I am taking Introductory Algebra. It was review of the same crap I spent all Fall learning. We meet from 6-10 on T, W, and Th, but I got the ok to knit along if I pay attention to the lecture and keep my grades up. I hope to see many socks in my future. Or perhaps a very easy sweater.

All in all, a good start to the year!

No comments: