Monday, July 23, 2007

Where Does the Weekend Go?

I had a nice little weekend. I am trying to finish the first Gray sock and am almost there. There was some trouble with knitting the lace in the round, and neglecting to put a row of plain knitting between each lace row. I also desperately need to get some pictures of the finished socks up on Flickr for the Summer of Socks contest.

Saturday a friend and I went to see "Ratatouille" and I give it two thumbs up. The animation was amazing, the story was pretty good, and the rats were adorable. I have had many a pet rat in my day and they got the personality bang on. I have a minor quibble with the plot: if the point of the story is that a rat can cook because "anyone can cook", why does the story depend on the human assisstant NOT being able to cook? Can't he learn from the rat? I am willing to pretend that he (the human) just didn't WANT to learn.

Sunday we made soap, soap and more soap, and then I dyed some wool for Lambtown. Tonight is rinsing, rinsing and more rinsing.

Mr. Fixit is in Ohio and headed westward. Hooray!

No comments: