Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Block-head.

Last night it was likely 100 degrees in the house until about.... 2am. What is the perfect activity when you have the combination of new sheets, a trip to Monterey where it will be 65 degrees, and you live in an oven? Shawl blocking, naturally. The Adamas shawl (finished lo these many months and shoved in a drawer) went for a swim last night while I banished the furry children from the bedroom and unwrapped and installed brand new sheets on the bed. I resisted the urge to lay down and conk out, and started blocking the shawl instead. It actually fit, much to my surprise (or I did not block severely enough), and needed fewer than all the pins I own. It was a race to see if I would finish pinning or it would finish drying first, but I think it came out quite nicely.
*edit for project notes* For this project I used Alpaca with a Twist "Fino" and size 4 circular needles. It blocked out great, and ended up a hair over 6' across the top.




2 comments:

Ruth said...

You buy new sheets so you can block a (gorgeaous!) shawl; I clean the kitchen sink so I can set twist in some yarn. Why doesn't the non-fiber world understand these motivations?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Lisa. I *love* the color, too.