Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time to Reap

Watermelons and Wool.... this is the sunset colored merino I have been working on for a few months now at varous demos, photograped on a bed of watermelon leaves. I think I will enter it in the LA co fair.
Can you 'ear' me now? I promise I did not force the corn to grow this way!
The haul from the garden today. The corn was very tasty with a side of hot dogs and potato salad. It could have grown some more, but was sweet and fit exactly in the pot! Those tomatoes are about 3" deep in that container. I took lots of garden pictures but will settle for posting just this one. The sunflowers in the front are doing quite well; the goldfinches already check on their progress. Down the other side of the house is swiss chard, basil, a tomato, a larkspur and some coreopsis tinctora. I have flax to plant too, but no idea where to find the space! Here are the completed Uncloudy Day socks. I am always bewildered when the stripes come out so differently. The stitch count is identical. These might also get entered in the fair... the worst that can happen is that I waste $1 on the entry fee!
Loomacy.
The kittens love the loom. Mama cat (Carrie) is supervising and the gray kitten is hiding under the treadles.

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

That sunset merino yarn is pretty!

I can't believe you're getting so much from your garden already. That's awesome! Yummm!

Good luck to the kitties in finding great homes soon. :-)