Friday, June 22, 2007

Pick of the Day: "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel. I am listening to "shaking the tree" (a best-of CD), and am so in love with this song.


I have been knitting away on the Zarina sock. I am putting lace up the instep, and am using "lacy diamonds" as the pattern. It is July 29 on the 365 knitting stitches perpetual calendar. Have I mentioned how much I adore this yarn? It is lovely.


Last night I sat down with every intention of knitting from 7 until bedtime. I put "Rize" in the dvd player, and spent the next hour absolutely mesmerized (and not knitting). It is a documentary style film about a dance style in the "ghettos" of greater Los Angeles. It was so far out of my realm of experience, and these young people (jeez I am getting old) were so talented, that I could not look away. Every time I thought to myself, ok they have talked this part of the subject to death, the story would move right along to the next point, which was nice of them. I recommend it to anyone who wants a change of pace (if you are a boring white girl like me). It was really quite interesting, enlightening and entertaining.


Then I put in a Law & Order disc and was back in my element :)

Remember how I was in love with the HBO show "Carnivale" a few months back? You know how I adore the Steam Engine Museum? Check this out and be amazed and impressed. I was! http://www.agsem.com/carnivale.html

No comments: