Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Like Knitting

I have been trucking away on the reward project (Petal) and it just keeps making me happy. I no longer worry that I will run out of yarn. Also, I discovered that it is fun and easy to knit up a hem as you go (well, as I go) when making a picot edging. One stitch mysteriously disappeared, but I am calling that a mistake-on-purpose so as not to offend the Knitting Faries. Fairies. Good thing the Spelling Fairies have the day off. I also picked up the blue scarf today and added some rows. I need to get back on track with that before it is Spring! I am looking forward to a LOT of knitting and tv watching this weekend. Perhaps I will install myself at Knit N Stitch on Saturday and work on Mandy's sweater. I like knitting, I like Mandy, it should be a snap.

I had my 2nd appointment with the new therapist today. I still like her quite a lot. I also like the 30-40 minute drive each way, which gives me some getting back to "work mode" time on the way back to the office. And it is right next to the Claim Jumper, so if things go badly I can always go get chocolate cake.

I continue to toodle around on Ravelry, adding projects to my queue and joining groups. I am pickyknitter75 if you want to visit me. I like adding virtual projects - no money to spend, no books to store. Perhaps this weekend will include a glut of picture-uploading. I have big plans (!) to spin yarn this fall / winter for several projects. Of course there are also the big plans to do more (some) weaving, to go back to school (starts 1/7/08!), and sell more soap.

No comments: