Friday, November 09, 2007

In Living Color

The Icarus shawl. I know it looks like a lump, but it is really a very attractive burgundy colored lump, very light and delicate. Those are the new Addi Turbo lace needles (size 4) that I am using for the knitting. Pattern from Miriam Felton, Interweave Knits, Summer 2006. Yarn is Lane Borgosesia, procured at The Loopy Ewe last year sometime.





The Rum Runner socks. These were begun when Mr. Fixit and I were in Monterey at the races. The first one was finished at the Coronado Speed Festival in October, and the second was finished on 11/9, here at work. If I hadn't gotten dumped, I would have waited to finish it until this weekend at the Big Bore Bash, making them real racecar socks. And so it goes. The yarn is from the Yarn Pirate Booty Club, installment #1.

No comments: