Thursday, March 06, 2008

Contented

Back at the coffeeshop, and it is bluegrass night with the Bladerunners . Yay! I thought I wouldn't see them until the concert at the Downtown Coffee Depot on 3/22. They are really quite talented. I have bluegrass, the laptop, my cute yoga shirt, my knitting and I don't know that I need anything else in the world. It can finally do things because I like them and not because I am killing time hoping Mr. Fixit will come back (actually, I haven't felt that way in a month or more in case you think I am still mooning 24 hours a day. I am down to 30 minutes or so).

I *cough cough* started a new pair of socks while my computer was booting up tonight. They are only one row long so far. I am sick of looking at the Swamp Socks. I should call them the Creature from the Green Lagoon socks. I loved the yarn in the skein, but I don't care for it in the sock.

I have put in a couple rows on the green Icarus shawl this week. Maybe someday I will get to chart 2. It is only 8 rows away, I think. The burgundy Icaurus has been languishing, waiting for lace knitting night to resume.

Lots of reading has been accomplished. One Man's Wilderness, about Dick Proennke, is a great read (there is also a dvd, called Alone in the Wilderness). At age 51, he moved to the middle of nowhere in Alaska, built himself a log cabin (in 10 days) and then lived there for the next 30 years. The documentary shows up on PBS sometimes, and back in December it was a gift during a pledge drive, so I snapped it up.
Weaving has been on hold for the last day until I can get some more cotton spun up. That is tomorrow's project. No pictures of the finished cloths, or the new ones, but here is the loom:
Yoga is becoming a bigger and bigger part of my routine (and I am trying to keep to a routine, getting up early, going to bed on time, so that when I get a new job I don't have to readjust to "normal" hours). I went almost every day for the last two weeks, and today I got sucked into the power hour. It did not kill me, but it was a near thing. Ask me again when I wake up tomorrow and my shoulders are stiff. I don't know that it is having an effect on my calmness and link with spirit yet, but it is good to get out of the house and get moving. And it is awesome when Martha reads to us.

The dogs are pleased that we have been going for walks - twice a day - for the last 3 days. They don't know how long it will last, but are enjoying it fully. Huh. Kindof like dating.

Still no news on the job front, but I keeping a positive attitude about it. I would rather be slightly worried about not having a job than be bursting into tears three times a day at the old one.

No comments: