Friday, March 28, 2008

Snuffelupagus

I have been snuffly and sneezy all week - the last two days particularly. I am not quite sick enough to call off my life, but I am not so well that I feel like being amazingly active. So - not a lot of yoga this week. Tomorrow, though, I am going to Viniyoga in the morning and then two Ashtanga workshops in the afternoon. We'll see if I make it through alive.

The big project for today was picking out plants at the nursery and spending a couple hours this evening putting them in the ground. There are now tomatoes, strawberries, parsley, basil, lettuce, and pansies to add to the one garlic plant and the volunteer oregano. I spent under $30 for all of the plants, a 50# bag of gypsum to make a dent in my clay soil (that might be an oxymoron), and a tiny birdfeeder. I have seeds for some other things around the house somewhere - clary sage, cantaloupe, acorn squash and maybe some morning glory seeds. That can be next week's project.

I finally finished the Petal sweater and it was nippy enough to wear it this morning (it is also nippy this evening, but now it is just me and the petsitting pets, so I will wait until I have a human audience to wear it again). I even dragged out the iron and steamed it. I have no idea what is coming up next on the UFO list. I bet it will be Mandy's sweater. I guess that means I do have an idea. :)

I caught the opening of "The Thomas Crowne Affair (1999)" on the tv the other day, but had to leave for yoga before it was over. I put it on my Netflix queue and have watched it 3 times since Tueday. I think it is going on my (very short) 'movies worth purchasing' list. I have the original on my queue too, but I think I have a bigger crush on Pierce Brosnan than Steve McQueen. Mr. Fixit was forever talking about Mr. McQueen ("Men want to be him and women want to be with him"), but I just don't see the appeal.

No comments: