Saturday, September 20, 2008

Superwoman

Mandy's sweater is done, done, done. 'Nuff said.Here is the finished yarn from the Red Fish roving I was working on last week. It is chain (Navajo) plied to keep the colors in some semblance of order. It is a 50 / 50 Merino and silk blend, and I got 277 yards from 4oz. (There is a better link to Redfish / the Weaver's Cottage here.)
Coming up soon on the parade of roving is this merino / soysilk blend from Louet (which I purchased from The Dizzy Ewe). It comes out as a rainbow if I chain ply it... I just have to decide how long I want the repeats to be. I have 8 oz... maybe enough for a tank top?When I was at Knit N Stitch yesterday (for 20 minutes, to seam the sweater), a man called about his sheep's fleece. Today I wandered by and met these fine fellows (fellines?) They are mystery sheep (I suspect the dark one is a suffolk and she is 9 months old), but very cute. The little lamb is just a couple weeks old and is a ram. The white mystery sheep is his mother and the one who was shorn. It is actually a darn nice finewool fleece. They were very friendly (well, not the lamb) and quite soft (well, not the lamb).

I have been making progress on the MS4 project. Here it is completed through the end of clue 2. I am about halfway through clue 3 and I am beginning to think the lacy things in the center are seahorses. On the other hand, I still don't even know which way is up. One of the Mystery Stoles (#2) was a geometric pattern, so this may end up being "nothing" at all. I still love it with a burning passion.
I am also working on the Mirepoix bodice. I am nearly done with the sleeves (working 2 on one circ) but am having a size issue... the sleeve cap is already at the recommended length and I have 10 rows to go to get the right number of stitches to cast off. Sigh.
Things perked up around Friday afternoon and I have been more or less chipper since. I have heard from several people that last week was just full of molasses. And Mercury doesn't even go retrograde until next Wednesday. SIGH.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I don't know if you've been getting my comments; the computer keeps telling me I'm using the wrong password, but I'm not. If you get this, please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to assume I've gone bonkers!
A. Anne

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on Mandy's sweater! It looks fabulous.
I can't believe how much you get done. I actually sat down with a crochet project that I haven't touched for almost 6 months and put one whole row on it. (Had to rip out one, too...)
Love,
A. Anne

Acorn to Oak said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray! Mandy's sweater is done! Congratulations!

Pretty yarn! Pretty wool! Cute sheep! Mysteriously nice shawl! :-)

Have a great week! :-)