Thursday, February 28, 2008

Surf's Up

Here are the Calamity socks. The yarn is Yarn Pirate BFL (from the Booty Club) in the "Calamity" colorway. They are knit in plain ol' stockinette, but I added a cute little cable up both sides of each leg and finished with a picot hem for the cuff. Discovery of the week: the library has free wifi. It seems like a no-brainer, but how often does anyone go to a library anymore? So here I am. I took my test for the city and still have hours left on the meter.

Thanks for the kind words on the lace projects. The answer as to how long the heart took is 34 hours (I kept track, as a lark). I still have to do the filling, but the tape is done, done, done. I will have to remember to email Louise a picture today.
I am still "between opportunities" although I am helping at the yoga studio and have some savings, so I am not destitute. I have spent most of this week weaving like a madwoman (and reading the Harry Potter book. Page 415 explains why not all hallows are deathly.) in an effort to get the dishtowels off the loom and up for sale. I am about 2 away from the end. I have been eating at home (not going out) and not buying yarn, so both I and my checkbook are feeling good. I finished another pair of socks last night, but am trying to spread out the pictures.

Tomorrow I have a yoga office meeting, my appointment with the shrink, and then my day is my own until 5:45 when it is yoga time. I think I will finally get my buns up to the museum and check out the Sam Maloof exhibit. Unless, of course, I get called for an interview somewhere. Keep the fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! 34 hours...that's amazing! It gives me an even greater appreciation for the art of bobbin lace. So beautiful!

I love the color of your socks. So pretty! :-)

Acorn to Oak said...

I love your sock holders with the sheep cut-outs! Sooo cute!