Saturday, February 26, 2011

Satisfaction

I managed to get done with my work a little early today. I can use the hours, but needed to get the errands done too.

Cockatiel leg bands have been procured and installed on the cockatiel chicks' legs. They were angry. I was not tempted by any birds at the bird farm... although the newest Bird Talk has a cockatiel theme and looked interesting. They had a baby blue headed pionus, buy my Beaker (a maximillian's pionus) is cuter by far. Why people think that subtly-colored birds are "boring" or "plain" I do not understand.

The post office STILL had not redelivered my yarn when I got home, but by some miracle, the postal station holding my box hostage was still open and I scurried over there to give them a piece of my mind. My before-lunch mind. The yarn is absolutely gorgeous and I couldn't be happier with The Loopy Ewe. Sheri even put a little note about my kitty on my invoice! The colors are perfect and I get all teary-eyed patting the skein.

I sucked it up and put gas in the car. It was expensive. I have some mistaken theory that, if I put 1/2 tank in the car, it will magically last for a whole week. I will deal with the refill somewhere around Thursday.

I procured some cider and some cheese from TJ's, made burritos for lunch, fed the birds and am happily relaxing at home now. The rain ended and the sun is out. I sort of hope it rains again... I have a fantasy of sitting on the porch on my comfy chair, bundled up in a blanket, with my Nook and some tea, enjoying the weather. I *should* be out pulling weeds, but that is not as romantic a vision

No comments: