Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sorry to be away so long... Whenever I managed to find the time, Blogger was down. I have managed to tap into a wifi signal from home (at long last), so am posting from the comfort of bed. How indulgent!

Knitting is progressing slowly. I am nearly ready to bind off the Regia socks - they were my saving grace during The World's Most Boring Math Class last week. So many urges to stab people with my DPNs. But that would be wrong, and more importantly, might break the needles.

Icarus is also growing. I managed a few more rows on Friday night at Open Spinning/Knitting, as it was the first large block of time I had when I was not also on Vicodin. If I can find my size 4 DPNs, I am also gearing up to start the Rona shawl from Knit Picks. It's a pretty big if, though.

I was mulling over the Summer of Socks and have made a list of all the stash sock yarns, the people on my to knit for list, and the types of techniques I want to try / have been avoiding, and came up with 12 pairs of socks to make during that 3 months. I don't know that I will manage it, but I figured if was going to sign up for the "most socks" contest, I should have a plan going in. I am also going to hold off making any more socks until the Summer starts.

Mandy says that only gives me a month to finish Icarus. I say, game on!

As you know, I had my wisdom teeth out last week and things have been very non-eventful in the recovery department. I am pleased. My checkup is Monday, let's see if the dentist is also pleased. I can hardly wait to have a celabratory Dr. Pepper when I am all healed up.

Soap News
Our next event is at Valley Center Western Days this weekend (May 25, 26, and 27). We have made up some brand-spanking-new soaps for this event and are looking forward to having a great time.

Then the very next weekend we will be in Scottsdale, AZ at the Arizona Gathering of Soap and Candle Artisans. We will be selling soap and giving demonstrations.

The lovely Sheri at The Loopy Ewe will be carrying our little soap lambs in Loopy Lemon and Loopy Lavender - keep an eye out for them!

And don't forget, you can find us every Thursday at Riverside's Market Night, it's not just for Wednesdays anymore! Each week we have soap, lotion, spinning fiber and yarn, and we invite you to stop and smell the soaps!

No comments: