So I went over to Fran's for lace night last night, and instead of knitted lace (we are working on Icarus shawls), we worked on bobbin lace. Fran worked on her Iris and I plugged away at my moon. It has been in progress for over a year and I really need the pillow free for my classes in February. I laced, and laced, and laced, threw out pairs, whined and struggled with the turn, and laced, and laced, and brought pairs back in, and turned in around 10pm. But before I left, I took a moment to admire my handiwork.
Then the world stopped.
Way back, way back the last time I worked on it, I finished the arches and resumed the cloth stitch in preparation for the turn. But I didn't notice that I was supposed to rearrange the bobbins and put the metallics back in the middle instead of over on the edge. It didn't say it in the pattern and I had my previous work under a cover cloth to keep the threads from sticking on the pins. So now I have hours and hours of work (well, maybe 5 or 6 hours) that have to be un-laced and redone. And I was so close to the end! At least I saw it when there was still time to fix it, and not when it was off the pillow.
I know what I am doing on Sunday.