Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lemmings

The 3 OC knitting groups (or maybe 3 of the OC knitting groups) are converging on the Whole Foods in Tustin(ish) tonight, and I managed to snag a spot. I have been looking forward to it for a week now and it is going to be a great time, which I sorely need after this miserable excuse for a week. I love the WF, there is a Peet's Coffee across the street, I am going to meet fresh knitters, and I heard a rumor there will be man knitters too. Maybe I should have worn something more alluring than my Steelers hoodie. I feel like a gian piece of Mac-n-Cheese. But I am snuggly and warm, which is a good tradeoff.

Last night I went home, made some tomato soup, and watched a dvd of historic car races. Yes, it reminded me of summer with Mr. Fixit, but they were all good and happy memories. No sad mooning for me! Over that, anyway. I also got some knitting done, but did not push myself. Progress on Mandy's sweater continues at lunchtimes, and I will work on it tonight at the knit together. I can add about 1/2"-3/4" (4-6 rows) in an hour.

It was difficult to go to sleep, not bcs I wasn't tired, but bcs I knew the sooner I went to bed, the sooner the next workday would arrive, and maybe, just maybe, if I stayed up all night it would never be tomorrow. Then this morning I had to drag myself kicking and wailing out of the house and into the car.

OK, wish me luck at knitting night!

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

I hope you have a great time! It sure sounds fun! Wish we had a WF in the IE!