Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Early Bird

I really did try to post yesterday; I think Blogger was down.

This morning I managed - barely - to get my buns in the car and on the road at 5:30. Even had to carry Sunny outside as she had no interest in getting her paws wet. I plonked my bum down in the chair at work right at 6. Then I looked at my calendar and discovered that my shift started at .... 8. Oops. They let me work the extra hours but I felt pretty dumb. All day I thought it was Friday (my real 6am day). Today was payday and my raise was indeed on my check; it pretty much paid off only the accumulated overdraft fees :( Stopped by the pet store and the grocery store on the way home and am now snug as a bug in a rug.

Walks barefoot into the kitchen to grab a beer, forgetting about the glass the cats broke earlier. Hope I don't pick up any shards.

Took some time this evening to harvest coreopsis blooms for dyeing. Deadheading them should encourage the next round of blossoms.

I finally started watching "The Riches" on Netflix (Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver) and am now a huge fan. Really well done. And with alpacas!

No comments: