Saturday, April 10, 2010

Plugged In

Got the power turned back on today. Some sobbing was required. Also, quite a bit of money-flinging. They began by telling me it would be Tuesday since I paid on line last night, so I call it a win.

Came home from work around noon and had some quality porch time. I, Beaker and "The Time Traveler's Wife" enjoyed the day. I finally got engrossed and ended up finishing it. Not a bad little read. I can't imagine how they made a movie of it, though.

Then the power was back on and it was time for more beer (cold this time), a movie and WoW at the same time. With the lights on! Sleepy now. I did get up at 4:30 this morning.

Still would like to drive to Santa Clara tomorrow for the last day of CNCH, but the wallet is empty. And I need to run around turning on all the lights, glorying in electricity. Had an offer to go to Faire... I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Baby cockatiel is still growing. I can see the eyelid forming, the pinfeathers forming, the size increasing. She is huge. I wonder if the Violet's 'normal' markings will override Hamlet's 'pied' markings, and if his 'normal' color will override her 'whiteface' color. It would be something else to get a 'normal' appearing bird out of such lovely parents.

Boring ass blog post today. But from home!

No comments: