Sunday, January 02, 2011

Knitting 2010, part 1

Some knitting did actually occur last year. Or was it the year before? Back in 2008, I acquired some lovely sugar cane yarn from Knit N Stitch. I picked the blue / grey colorway as it looks quite a lot like my parakeet, Skye. The yarn is silky and smooth, but with no elasticity. I knit and I knit and I knit, then some kittens happened and they ate my needles. So the socks languished for, well, let's just say "a while" before I found the emery board and filed down the needles (#0 bamboo). Some time during last year I got motivated - or my feet got cold - and now I have a finished pair of ankle socks. The cuffs are supposed to be short so I can fold them over and be adorable. Of course I forgot to do that during the photo session.
I used up every inch of the yarn; I knit them from opposite ends of the ball and there were moments of extreme entanglement, for sure! But they met in the middle when it came time to cast off and I think they are very respectable socklettes.

No comments: